Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Just watching the time pass

In my spare time I'm a little infatuated with shopping for antique and vintage pieces.  It can be jewelry, clothing, furniture, trinkets and knickknacks. Doesn't really matter I LOVE the nostalgic feeling I get when I bring a piece home with me.  


Well I came across this Chilean born New York artist/designer who had a brilliant idea to turn vintage watches into nothing more than a vintage watch. I'll explain...Sebastian Errazuriz feels it isn't necessary to tell time on a watch anymore due to more advanced technology, aka. cell phones, ipods, cars, etc.  Therefore, Sebastian purchased a collection of vintage watches and purposely removed all of the minute and hour hands from the watches leaving just the second hands to simply show 'the passing of time'.  Pretty sweet idea if you ask me, especially since I own multiple watches and NEVER use them to tell time! 





You can snag one of these nifty watches here or just admire them from the pics I've posted since they are a little on the pricey side (plus there's tons of other fun pieces you can browse through on the website above!). Keep it Golden!

'a small, maybe futile but genuine attempt 
to try and remember that time is passing 
and that day we wish to remember 
that we need to make the most of our time' 
sebastian errazuriz

No comments:

Post a Comment